He Watches Over His Word

 Good Morning dear Ones!

I wanted to share with you today something that has been a blessing in my life, and that is the topic of Scripture Writing. Scripture Writing is exactly what the words sound like—writing out Scripture by hand, specifically by YOUR hand. Why in the world would anyone do that, in a day and age when we have such easy access to the Scriptures that we can even purchase a copy at the Dollar Tree? That’s a very good question! My answer is simply to slow down. To internalize. To ponder the message. To eat it. To allow it to become part of you. To allow it to CHANGE you! 

I have not been doing Scripture Writing for very long, in fact I just started a month ago, and my pace is slow but steady. I am simply writing out one verse a week—a verse that I am working on memorizing that week, and letting this be a part of my study time on that verse. Sometimes a little picture comes to mind and I draw it. I am not an artist by any means! My skill level is pretty firmly near the level of stick figures. But that’s ok, because this is just for me. I am using a simple composition book, so readily available and very inexpensive at this back to school season. 

Some people choose to hand write out entire Bible books. Some use beautiful bound blank books. Some are on the level of professional artist skill and create beautiful illustrations. A quick Google search for Scripture Writing will turn up many beautiful ideas. But it is ok also to literally just write out your Scripture in a spiral notebook and not illustrate at all. Or if you like, stick a pretty sticker on the page, or a strip of washi tape. The important part of this exercise is not the art, fun that that can be! The important part is the Word. 

I have shown you here the very first Scripture Writing verse that I wrote out. Isn’t this a good reminder? God IS watching over His Word, no matter the storms of life that rage around us. And His Word WILL come true!

Until next time, 

Friend

Comments

Followers