Jesus Calls Me Friend

 Hello dear Ones!

I am so glad you have found your way to this little corner of the blogosphere. In this first post, I would like to take a moment and tell you the story behind this little blog and its name. It starts some time ago when I was experiencing a lot of emotional pain, the details of which are not important here. I was invited by a friend to attend a Bible conference weekend, and decided to accept the kind offer. That alone was a gift from God, as I really needed it. 

At the conference, as is often the case, attendees were encouraged to wear name tags. Nothing special about that. Plain old sticker type name tags were available for you to write your name on and wear.




After that evening’s speaker had finished, many people were milling around and visiting. I was tired and weary and decided to head back to the room I was sharing with many others and get a head start on getting ready for bed. That way I would be finished when others needed to use the shower. 

As I drew near to the door at the back of the conference room, I passed by a total stranger and my eye glanced upon her name tag. It caught my attention, because where her name “should” have been, she had written “Friend.” I smiled. “I like your name” I said to her. “Thanks!” she replied. “It has gained me three new friends this evening!” We then went on to exchange our names, and she shared about where she had gotten the idea of writing this as her name from. She told me about a speaker who does what is called “Spoken Poetry.” About how the speaker has a poem she shares that speaks of Jesus calling us His Friend when others may be tearing us down. She had no way to know what I was currently going through, but her words went deep into my fragile heart and lodged there.

We parted ways, and I went back to my room, got ready, and crawled into bed. Tears wet my pillow as I prayed. And in the early morning when I woke, the very first thought in my mind was “Jesus calls me Friend.”

And you know what dear One?

Jesus calls YOU Friend as well. 

I just wanted you to hear that. Because it is true. 

So often, other names and labels are placed on us. But that doesn’t mean they are are true. Only the One who created you  has the right to say what you are.

Remember that. 

There was no internet available at the conference location, but after the weekend, I went home and looked up the speaker my new friend told me about and was greatly blessed. Just in case you are interested, I will link it here for you.
 

I hope you are blessed as well.

Until next time,
Friend


 


Comments

Post a Comment

Followers